I wasn't really happy with the bubble skirts I made so far, though. There was just something wrong with the shape. So I made a new pattern from scratch. From drawing the peplum bubble dress, I learnt that a rectangle is a better shape for the (outside) skirt than a round one. I applied this in my new bubble skirt pattern, and now the shape looks more the way I intended it.
I made two skirts, both in a fat quarter Liberty of London tana lawn - ideal fabric for bubble garments. The one above is in Ellie Ruth, the one below in Mauverina. Both are from this lovely French webshop.
The skirt has a waistband with an elastic - no zipper or buttons. Making one skirt takes me a good 2 hours.
Patterns in different sizes are on their way :-)