€7.50 incl. tax
Do you live in the EU, and would you rather pay via bank transfer? Pleas contact me via straightgrainblog[[at]]gmail.com 🙂
Jaanu is a dress with a short bodice, long box pleats in the skirt, and a hidden zipper in the back. It has short sleeves and optional in-seam pockets. “Jaanu” is Hindi for sweetheart, and refers to the little girls whom we love to sew for so dearly. The dress comes with two options: the Elena version (a playful dress with 4 small box pleats) and the Norah version (a party dress with 6 big box pleats).
This pattern works best with woven mid-weight fabrics. The stiffer the fabric, the ’rounder’ the skirt will be.
Jaanu was developed by Regina Ryckewaert and An from StraightGrain. Both versions were named after our respective jaanu’s.
The patterns and instructions are in pdf-format, and easy to print and to assemble. The file includes:
– easy-to-follow sewing instructions with full-color annotated pictures of each step
– digitally drawn patterns for ages 1Y, 18M, 2Y, 3Y, 4Y, 5Y, 6Y, 7Y, 8Y, 9Y, and 10Y, seam allowances included.
– option to print just the size you need
– large sheet patterns for printshop printing included
– detailed information about printing and assembling the patterns, yardage needed, materials needed, and sizing
– cutting diagrams for quilting width and regular width fabric
– all measurements are provided in inches/yards and in centimeters
All sizes of the pattern have been tested thoroughly by 30 testers.
Please read before you purchase:
– you are purchasing a pattern, not a finished dress
– right after payment, you will be able to download the pattern
– the patterns, instructions, and pictures are copyright protected