Nova dress and blouse (English)
€7.50 incl. tax
Do you live in the EU, and would you rather pay via bank transfer? Please contact me via an[[at]]straight-grain.com
This pattern also has a printed version. Please click here for more info.
Nova is Portuguese for ‘new’, and as such the perfect tongue-in-cheek name for a dress I first designed as a beginning seamstress six years ago. Many test versions and added options later, Nova is a versatile pattern which you can make a wide range of different blouses and dresses with.
The options can be combined to over 140 different garments.
– dress or blouse
– pleating options: box pleat, zigzag pleats, flat pleats, honeycomb pleats
– sleeve options: sleeveless, cap sleeves, long sleeve with cuff
– back options: hidden zipper, ribbons, button
– a peter pan collar
For the more complicated steps (honeycomb pleats, cuffs, understitching) I added video’s to the instructions.
It is intended for woven fabrics (light, medium as well as heavy weight).
The patterns and instructions are in pdf-format, and easy to print and to assemble. The files include:
– easy-to-follow, very detailed sewing instructions with full-color annotated pictures of each step
– digitally drawn patterns for ages 3M, 6M, 1Y, 18M, 2Y, 3Y, 4Y, 5Y, 6Y, 7Y, 8Y, 9Y, 10Y, and 11/12Y, seam allowances included.
– option to print just the size you need
– large sheet patterns for print shop printing (A0)
– printing table which indicates which pages to print for each option
– detailed information about printing and assembling the patterns, yardage needed, materials needed, and sizing
– cutting diagrams for quilting width and regular width fabric
– all measurements are provided in inches/yards and in centimeters
All sizes of the pattern have been tested thoroughly by 31 lovely testers.
Please read before you purchase:
– you are purchasing a pattern, not a finished dress
– right after payment, you will be able to download the pattern. Check your spam folder if you didn’t receive an email with download links.
– the patterns, instructions, and pictures are copyright protected