Naais to meet you
Evelien of Sewbidoo is an amazing Belgian sewing book author (she published 3 very popular books so far!), and she has an amazing plan. She’s organizing the biggest sewing meet-up ever, so if you love sewing and live in Belgium, make sure to check out the details (here).
The event also has an online counterpart, in which Belgian sewing bloggers are sending each other the same 3 questions in the form of a relay. So below are my answers.
1. What was the first piece you ever made, and for whom?
I learned how to sew in a formal sewing course, so my first piece was created in that course. We had to make three pieces in that first year: a tote, a kimono, and some pyjamas. So, that tote was my first ever piece. Soon, I was also making clothes for Norah in my own time, like the one pictured below (pattern traced from a store-bought dress). As you can see, I was also killing it photography wise, ha ha.
2. Which piece are you most proud of?
Now that’s a tough question. I’m generally not proud of what I make. Most of the time, when a garment is finished, I’m simply relieved that I didn’t screw up somewhere, ha!
One project which turned out prettier than I had expected was the Feliz dress I made for Ava. It wasn’t intended to end up on the cover of the pattern when I started it, but she looked so cute in the blue gingham that printing it on the package was a no-brainer.
3. Which seamstress/designer/blogger/youtuber/instagrammer would you love to meet in person?
Sanae Ishida! She’s an immensely talented seamstress, artist, and sewing and children’s book author from Seattle, and a very wise and kind person on top of that. We’ve been communicating and exchanging gifts for years now, and I would love to finally be able to talk to her in person one day.
So now it’s my turn to pass the baton on to three wonderful Belgian bloggers. Check out these blogs somewhere next week to read their answers:
– the fantastic Marleen from Petrol & Mint
– the formidable Isabel from Bel’Etoile
– the fabulous Marjolein from Flaflinko
So the questions, as they were originally phrased in Dutch:
1. Wat was je eerste stuk dat je maakte en voor wie?
2. Op welk genaaid stuk ben je het meeste trots?
3. Welke naaister/ontwerper/blogger/you tuber/instagrammer zou je graag eens in het echt ontmoeten?